Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to move geometry to a specific position?

maverick_ptmaverick_pt Member Posts: 4
Hello!

For example, how can I move a circle to a specified position, like, (90,35) in x,y? I don't want to move the circle relative to something else, like the transform function does. Nor do I want to first define constraints and then have to move the circle.

I simply want to place a circle at the position (90,35). The tool does tell me the position of the circle center, in the bottom right corner of the screen. But I cannot find a way to move to specific coordinates nor I can find the answer anywhere else. Seems to be a super basic operation so there has to be a option I presume.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,642
    edited July 25
    Onshape is a parametric modeller which means everything is driven by dimensions and constraints. Dimension the circle centre to the origin.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 385 EDU
    Answer ✓
    I would just use dimensions.

• maverick_ptmaverick_pt Member Posts: 4
    I see. Thank you all of your help. I come from a non-parametric modeller (KLayout for lithography masks) and so there's a lot of habits that clash with OnShape way of doing things