Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I get my 3dconnexion 3D mouse to work?

charleycharley OS Professional Posts: 20 ✭✭
What's the secret to getting my 3D mouse working in OnShape? Works beautifully in "The other CAD software".

Best Answer

Answers

• charleycharley OS Professional Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Cool! Now it works just as beautifully here. Life is good.
  • david_parrish115david_parrish115 Member Posts: 2
    OK... I just installed Onshape today. Looks good so far... Then, I updated my 3Dconnexion 3D mouse driver in hopes I could use it with Onshape... No joy. Well, a bit of joy, but all I can seem to do is zoom diagonally in/out. What is the magic to getting full functionality out of my 3D mouse? Thanks!
  • david_parrish115david_parrish115 Member Posts: 2
    Well... my 3Dconnexion Space Mouse is now working! Yippee! Not sure what happened. When the newest driver didn't make a difference, I rebooted the whole computer, hoping some magic might happen. Upon startup, the 3D mouse behaved the same as before. Then, a few minutes later... Viola! The 3D mouse works just like it did with SW! Yippee!!  I am a happy-camper, now!  All that is left is to learn how to use OnShape...