Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What is the best way to create an animation? (to send to a client)

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hello

What is the best way to create a good quality animation - to send to a client?

Background:
I have created my parts and I have mated them successfully in Onshape. I would now like to create a reasonably high resolution animation to send to a client. It doesn't need a sound track. Possibly an animated GIF would do the job. I can get the parts to animate by pressing the Play button on the slider.

BUT: 
a) When it animates in this way, there is no anti-aliasing so the images are quite course.
b) Either way, can you recommend what the best (low cost) way to do screen capture would be.  

Many thanks

J

EDIT: It sounds like "Licecap" could be useful, but how do I run an animation in high quality mode - i.e. with anti-aliasing?

Answers