Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why some expression couldn’t be resolved shown ?

dhrumit_chudasamadhrumit_chudasama Member Posts: 7

I am working on one project in which I integrate the python code with onshape design in which python code ask user input like diameter and length and modify this data in main design,code is running properly but when I open the design in onshape after code run the design is disappear and error shown like :”some expressions couldn’t be resolved “….

Best Answer

• GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 186
    Answer ✓

We might need to see something, perhaps a public link to a doc, otherwise it will be hard to help out…

Answers

• GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 186
    Answer ✓

We might need to see something, perhaps a public link to a doc, otherwise it will be hard to help out…

• dhrumit_chudasamadhrumit_chudasama Member Posts: 7

Link:https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f571272c2d5777190eec3357/w/1b439b876ebef66aec785f6e/e/9dc3f351f58456587c78fdea

1st image of onshape design before code run

2nd code successfully run

3rd onshape design after code run(design is disappear)

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,634

Two things - I don't see that endpoint in Glassworks? Can you send a link to it? Secondly, it is likely that you are just sending a number rather than a ValueWithUnits which is required.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

you mean in code, I add this link as base url:https://cad.onshape.com/api/partstudios/d/f571272c2d5777190eec3357/w/1b439b876ebef66aec785f6e/e/9dc3f351f58456587c78fdea/configuration.

And I also put the value of input dia and length with unit but it doesn’t work !

I also give the main link of document if you know which link I put in my code to modify the dimensions,you give me that link …