Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

View Dimensions

gerald_friedmangerald_friedman OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
When I as to View Dimensions of a feature (extrusion) all I get is the sketch dimension, not the extrusion length.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Yes, you are correct. At this point of time only sketch dimensions are shown but I guess provision of showing the extrusion length is also one of the improvement from the Onshape's list of priorities.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @gerald_friedman
    Are you after screenshots with dimension or just wan't to know some measure/distance?

I have asked for advanced 'named views' with possibility to add visible dimension since I would need to share these images. But if you just wan't to check some dimension, click any edge and see the measure in bottom right - click another instance and you will get distance and other measurement info. 
    //rami
  • Options
    gerald_friedmangerald_friedman OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    Gentlemen,

When asking to show dimensions one also has the opportunity to select a dimension and revise it, although when selecting the dimension you are brought back to the sketch and have to re-select the dimension to revise.

Without being able to see the extrusion dimension I have to go back to the extrusion in the feature list to bring up the dialogue box.

I feel this is a bit cumbersome.

I'd rather be able to revise on the model. Would be much quicker.