Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Copy Workspace

Stuart_TodStuart_Tod Member Posts: 56 PRO
Is it only me, or does anyone else get mildly annoyed that when you copy your workspace in My Documents (so that you can purge the original document!) the program automatically opens a new document?

If the document you are copying is large (as they often are, the only reason I'm copying it is because I have to trash the original) then it takes a long time to load before you can hit 'return to documents' and drop the original in the trash.

I would like the option to 'Copy Workspace without opening'.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Was it always like this? I remember taking a bunch of copies since there was no confirmation that copy was created and if I was in recent docs list new copy didn't appear there..

This will surely divide opinions, I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to add check box 'Open document after copied' instead of forcing either way.

I would also like to see newly created copy in top of document list so it should load 'My documents' after copy even if I were in Recent docs when chose to create a copy.
    //rami