Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Lamborghini Diablo‬ Sv ‪Frame.

kyriakos_tryfonidiskyriakos_tryfonidis Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Using Onshape
Greetings everyone! I just finished my second project, here some pictures :

I found it hard doing it at onshape, i had to make so many planes to be able to connect through the floors (lower floor, mid top). Most difficult was to connect pipes in an angle to have a perfect fit.

Anyways, it was really a nice challenge i had to think so many work-arrounds and in the end i think i became a better designer because i clearly understood how planes work.

I am extremely happy with the result :smiley: 

*ps: if u see something wierd that doesn't look correct it's probably because of the point of view the picture was taken. Everything looks fine to me at onshape enviroment.

Comments

• øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Good job! Must have taken quite some time.
    How many features does the model have? I've found that with large models, things tend to slow down quite a bit.
  • øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Never mind, I see you made the model public.443 features(!). That is a substantial amount.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I suppose you wrote few requests for 3d sketches while modeling this..

Does your v12 twin turbo fit to this frame?

Now I really do hope that you have time to push this project all the way to complete super car.
    //rami
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Good job!
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    This is excellent work. Thank you for making this public - this helps us understand what users are trying to do and what methodologies they use to solve problems. Well done.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • kyriakos_tryfonidiskyriakos_tryfonidis Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thank you all of you! I found it hard to do it without weldments. But result is kinda the same, with the exception of the slow pc and huge file  ;)
  • scott_goodwin566scott_goodwin566 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mate, do you have a link to this file please?