Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Allowing "delete" in "view only mode" when over the 100mb free limit

juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
I recently went over my 100MB limit...103 to be exact.  This has caused my documents to be "view only".  I have three large documents with only a few models in each that I really need.  Is there a way to delete some of the non-essential models from each to lower my file size, or would this do nothing to help?   I would assume that removing models from a document would reduce file size, but I'm not positive if this is how OnShape works. Is clearing history the only way?  

I understand the documents being "view only", but I don't see how delete would violate anything in the free plan.  Yes, I can export the model, delete the document and then import to a new clean document, but I'd lose the history of that particular part, correct?  I can't copy and paste to reduce history, so is there another way?   

Comments

• Options
    øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Make the model temporarily public, then copy it (and make the copy public) to clear the history. Then delete the original, and make the copy private again.

I think Onshape could do better, but currently this is your only option.
  • Options
    juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    øyvind_kaurstad  Thanks for the answer.  I didn't know you could make a public document private again. 

I'll be glad when some more management tools become available, to make this kind of thing easier.