Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Connecting multiple instances of the same part in an easy way

baumarbaumar OS Professional Posts: 76 PRO
edited February 2016 in Community Support
I try to connect multiple instances of the same part.

The most simple example I can think of is a set of 10 equal lego brick that you connect to build a wall. Or even simpler just a rectangular brick put in top of each other imagining they might be glued together in reality.

Each brick comes from the same part and you add them just one in top of the other.

I inserted to instances of the part and connected them with the fastened mate by selecting a top and a bottom layer of each part. That works. 

Then I added another part and added it again with fastened mate. Since there are many, that takes an awful lot of time and I think there must be smarter way.

I also grouped the 2 fastened parts, grouped them, copied and pasted it and joined them again using a fastened mate. Then I group the 4 elements and do the same. That works, but still I have the feeling there must be a smarter and more efficient way. 

Thanks for help

Markus

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Have you tried Snap Mode?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm snap mode, what's that?