Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape Mobile - February 15th, 2016
Here's the latest round of updates for iOS and Android:
- NEW Universal Toolbar for iPhone and iPad (iOS)
The Onshape App for iOS now sports the same set of toolbars for sketch, features, and assembly mates across iPhone and iPad. This change makes it easier for you to transition between each type of device and find commands quickly. On the iPad, you can select all commands using just your left thumb, so there’s no need to stretch your hands, especially on the larger screen of the iPad Pro.
- UPDATED Extended Hole Feature (iOS)
You can now create standard ANSI inch and ISO metric holes, using the Hole feature on iOS devices. To create a standard hole, specify the standard, size, depth, and if it’s a clearance, tapped or drilled hole. If it’s tapped, the correct drill size will be selected for you. When bolting two or more plates together, you can specify that the top plates have clearance holes and the bottom plate is tapped.
- NEW Silhouette Edges (iOS)
You can now see the silhouette edges of parts and assemblies that have cylindrical features, in “Hidden edges removed” and “Hidden edges visible” view modes, when the model is stationary.
- NEW Center Point Arc (Android)
You can now create a Center Point Arc when sketching by defining the center, start, and end points. Tap the icon shown above, tap to locate the center of the arc, then tap to locate the start point and drag or tap to position the end point.
We hope you like the improvements in this release across both iOS and Android. The development teams are hard at work bringing parity to mobile and adjusting to new technologies and capability launched with every new release. Both iOS and Android are available from the Apple App Store and Google Play for download.
~ Team Onshape