Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I change username

I don't know if I missed anything but I cant set a username and wasn't given an option to do so, and my username has been set to luke_Jones800.... I wouldn't call that ideal. Im aware its a novelty but this is my identity and all others see of me at first and having my full name shown (which while Im fine with others may not want there full name shown) ended with the number 800, which is not something I would want slapped on my name, is not a good standard. Please let me know if their is a way of changing it or if I missed setting it in the account creation.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Click your name drop down (top right corner of your Onshape screen) and select manage account. There you can change your name in both Onshape and this Forum.
    _Dave_
  • Options
    BlåhajBlåhaj Member Posts: 4 EDU
    I had a similar issue, where I figured it out but it didn't display on forums even though that's the purpose of the username. I tried changing it within my forums profile and it said I didn't have permission.
  • Options
    StillMakerStillMaker Member Posts: 22 EDU
    I have the same issue. I edited it in my onshape profile but my username on the forums is still the old one.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    Try signing out of the forum and signing back in again. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    StillMakerStillMaker Member Posts: 22 EDU
    Thank you @NeilCooke, that worked.