Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tiny addition

jordan_2jordan_2 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Could we get the double-click to drop the line tool in Onshape? It really speeds up my workflow in SolidWorks and I miss it. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Options
    kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Great idea - same could apply to all tools?
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited February 2015
    @Jordan Double click seems to work for me currently.  You can also click+drag to do a line that ends when you release.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    jordan_2jordan_2 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    @LouGallo : Double click right now ends the feature after I've drawn the line, which is a bit annoying. Let's say I draw a line to a point, then I want to drop the tool without drawing another line; using the current system, I will have to draw the line I want, end the tool by double clicking, which draws the line I don't want, then go back and remove the extra line. It would be better if double clicking dropped the tool and did not draw the current object.
  • Options
    fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    @Jordan  - Just double click at the end of the last line you want. It will draw the line and then "lift the pen". Technically, it's one step faster than SW.

@LouGallo - I always forget about the drag!