Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft?

2»

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Wesley  Nice work! I bet it took sometime to work out regardless of being just simple shape. Put some shine on it and go for MOTW 

//rami
  • Options
    Wesley_NWesley_N Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thanks @3dcad - I had initially tried a sweep of a sketch that was on a vertical plane, but this didn't give a true representation of the tool staying vertical. The other thing I noticed since my last post is that in Alphacam the Z is changed over the length of the toolpath rather than a simple slope from on Z to the other. If the path has lots of zig-zags in the first half and then a straight line for the rest, the mid-point of the slope will be halfway through path and not halfway between point A and B in a straight line. My approach wouldn't work for a path that is spiraling down either.
    http://www.keystonecollections.com/ - Handcrafted Furniture                                   http://www.newswangerpen.com/  - Fine, handcrafted writing instruments
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Wesley  I hope we eventually get feature which works like 3-ax cnc. Sketch for blade, another sketch for path (x,y) and points for depth (z) changes. And for 5-ax additionally tool angle (a) and angle direction (c).
    They have skills, we only need to have time - I'm sure Ons will come up with something spectacular for us as the basics get finished.

//rami