Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part Disappears When I use any Feature

Ivan_EkmanIvan_Ekman Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Community Support
Does any one else have this problem ? 

I created a simple cube to test it. When I try to make a fillet on the edge of the cube I click on the filet feature, but when I do so my part (cube) disappears. I mean, It is still there and if I "guess" the right spot I can still click on it. but I can not see It. 

Any suggestions ? 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Sounds like a WebGL issue. What browser and operating system are you using and is it all up to date? Chrome, Firefox, Safari, opera are the supported browsers. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
  • nathaniel_zaharianathaniel_zaharia Member Posts: 20
    I checked the link that @viru posted, and my computer clears the blacklist... and yet I have the same problem as @Ivan_Ekman. Is there any more on this topic? This started happening recently, only a few weeks ago OnShape still worked normally.
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @Ivan_Ekman and @nathaniel_zaharia - just to confirm, you're both using Chrome on a Windows machine?  I ask because this sounds like an issue we're seeing for users with AMD graphics cards and Google Chrome on Windows.  We have filed a bug with Chrome because Chrome is disabling Direct3D 11 which is required to run WebGL and by extension Onshape in Chrome.  If you run Onshape in Firefox you should have no problems.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
    @abefeldman: Yes.  AMD Radeon HD 7500 graphics card, Chrome, Windows 10
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @nathaniel_zaharia - then I believe you are also affected by that bug.  I recommend using Firefox to run Onshape until Chrome is able to fix the issue with OpenGL/WebGL support for your driver.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
    Thanks fine.  Thanks a lot!