Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotate part along x axis

quinn_laird997quinn_laird997 Member Posts: 3
Hey there,

How do I rotate a part along the x axis? I can only get it to rotate along the y axis by selecting an edge of extrude. Basically it spins instead of tilting.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    quinn_laird997 ,You can use view cube arrow option to rotate as below,

• Options
    Thanks Narayan but what I mean is actually rotating the part along the plane (by using Transform I do believe), not just the view. I ultimately need to make a pyramid with 4 of these rectangles.
  • Options
    I need to use precise angles.
  • Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    quinn_laird997,as you said ,you can rotate it by using Transform ,you have to choose a proper axis for rotating , if this axis is not available , maybe need you to create it manually .

11.JPG 85.9K
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @ quinn_laird997 , For that i suggest you to create a sketch. and use that as axis of rotation.

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Rather than rotating a vertical beam you should consider creating your pyramid structure using one or more sketches then sweeping the profile along each edge. That way you have much more control over your model and your angles.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI