Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Download Onshape files

colin_mcfarlanecolin_mcfarlane Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi,
I have a short term contract for which I want to use Onshape. On completion I will want to suspend my professional membership and transfer ownership of the data to my client.
Can they keep the data in Onshape native format without needing their own subscription active?

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

First a quick plug for how awesome the Onshape free plan is;
    Unlimited free public documents! :)

@philip_thomas I thought there was a 5gb limit on the free plan?
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited May 2016
    _Ðave_ said:

First a quick plug for how awesome the Onshape free plan is;
    Unlimited free public documents! :)

@philip_thomas I thought there was a 5gb limit on the free plan?
    Sorry - unlimited NUMBER of free public documents. The 5GB limit while theoretically there, has yet to be hit (as far as i know).
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    colin_mcfarlanecolin_mcfarlane Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Thanks all. I asked the same question to Onshape direct. Their response was to highlight one of there key values which is "to not trap customers". This makes perfect sense to me if you are "trying" to break into the CAD market and sell the idea of working on the cloud.