Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to angle a 3D box?

jon_burkettjon_burkett Member Posts: 1
Hello everybody! First I wanted to just say that I am new to any CAD type program and I don't know terminology or how to do a lot of this stuff. But it is really cool what you can do!
So, what I'm trying to do is to design a bumper in a 3D model. I have drawn the top portion in 2D and then I have also extruded that drawing to make the whole bumper a symmetrical box. However I want to angle the sides of the box so that the top, and the middle third section are parallel and flat, but the bottom two outer thirds are angled up. I can't seem to make that work, or even rather than extruding, just change the plane and draw off of the part I have already drawn. If you can help I would love to learn how to use this program better! Thank you.

Answers