Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Word-like Brush Function

jochen333jochen333 OS Professional Posts: 28 PRO
Hello!

I work a lot with composites, and to have an easy overview use material and appeareance changes (Dark = Carbon fibre, light green = Glas fibre).

It would be nice to have a function to quickly "transfer" properties from one part / feature to another.

Compare this to the brush feature you have in word/excel you use to do this.

Comments

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    very nice suggestion!
    +1
  • Options
    Hello!

I consider this feature request as fulfilled.

The new "COLOR PALETTE WITH CUSTOM COLORS" and the ability to save custom colors gives me the function needed.

Thank you!

PS: Could i flag this threat as "Answered" oin my own?
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jochen333 Have you played with the new appearance feature where you can save favorites?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    jochen333 said:

It would be nice to have a function to quickly "transfer" properties from one part / feature to another.

Howdy.  If you want to transfer appearance from one existing part to another (or many others) then click on the parts concerned making sure to click on the part with the appearance you wish to copy first, then click edit appearance, then simply click the the green check to accept. 

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    @lougallo

Thats what i meant in my post (....and the ability to save custom colors...)

@owen_sparks

Thank you for that hint. Another way to do it.