Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to copy an Assembly tab?

emerson_bottero265emerson_bottero265 Member Posts: 2
Is there a way or workaround to copy/duplicate an Assembly tab? I already have one and I need another almost iqual, with just a few parts replaced.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited June 2016
    You can not duplicate an Assembly tab but you can window pick everything in an assembly, copy and paste to a new assembly (However the sub assembly structures seemed to be lost in the new assembly). I think this would work if no sub assembly involved.

Ok this works better.
    Shift select parts and sub assemblies from the tree, copy,  paste in space to the side, select the new bit's in the tree and form new sub assembly. Switch to new sub assembly to continue work ( I had to position the main bits to the origin, delete un want parts and add alternative parts). Delete the new assembly from the parent, in my case I wanted the both parent and child to appear in the next assembly up so just  dragged the child from the parent to be be included into the top assy, worked a treat. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    malay_kumarmalay_kumar Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 93
    You could also shift select all instances from assembly tree and paste in a new assembly. 
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @malay_kumar , Very nice information. Thanks!
    @emerson_bottero265 , Kindly use below video method as suggested by @malay_kumar which will be helpful to you.
    • "Shift" key used from keyboard to select all part quickly.