Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Step-by-step tutorial for hex infull?

kennethwongsfkennethwongsf Member Posts: 2
Hi Onshape gurus!

I think I need some help with using the Hex Infill FeatureScript.

I made two attempts at what I thought were fairly simple test cases, but couldn't get the hex to generate for some reason.

In the first test, I simply applied the hex infill FeatureScript on a solid rectangle part with rounded edges. I could get the hex pattern displayed on the surface like a sketch, but the actual hex patterns didn't materialize. (See image below.)

In the second test, I tried applying the Hex Infill to the same part after I shelled it. It succeeded in superimposing the patterns onto the part during preview, but then failed in the final stage, with the message "Unable to shell part with the current wall thickness." (See image attached.)

Am I missing some steps?

Best,

--Kenneth Wong

Best Answers

Answers

• kennethwongsfkennethwongsf Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Kevin and Philip! I'll try the Bolean cutoff approach as outlined in another post to see if that gives me what I want.