Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Add .dxf as a sheet in a drawing after importing?

jackson_kingjackson_king OS Professional Posts: 80 PRO
Is there a way to add a dxf to an existing drawing?  Such as formed model is dimensioned on layout 1 and then dxf added as layout 2 to represent to flat pattern of the part.  Like a workaround for how SW let's you add either the flattened part or formed to a drawing.

Also, is there a way to chose the name when exporting to a .dwg or .dxf?  Instead of the OS auto-created one?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    jackson_kingjackson_king OS Professional Posts: 80 PRO
    Thanks for the answer @PeteYodis!  I will give it a try.  Any suggestions on how to get bend lines to show up through this process?  When I import the dxf into OS I can edit it like a drawing and add the dims I want for the bend lines.  I know sheet metal functionality is coming (soon?) but till then, if I could add in a .dxf into a drawing like you can a .jpeg, that would be pretty cool.