Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Link to current version of document

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
At first, I like connecting to version system - nothing is more important than robust assemblies that work.

But while creating main assembly into separate doc, it takes usually 5-10 versions just to change 'fix' connections into mates to get the same result as assembly had in original doc. These cases are usually production lines or similar where I grab machines from different docs and it is not convenient to have all these in single document.

I would like to use current versions of linked docs for fast update while actively working and when I reach certain milestone I would create versions and lock links to them.

My request:
Have option for connecting into current version of linked doc.

Does anyone else need similar functionality?
//rami