Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dell XPS 14 and Onshape

Jonathan_28Jonathan_28 Member Posts: 3
Hi, I am just starting to play with Onshape. My experience so far has been that it runs really smoothly on our Dell workstations and iOS (iPad and iPhone). On my Dell XPS 14 (i7, 8gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM) it has some issues.

The rotating is jumpy and can't seem to keep up. Same with sketching with items lagging my cursor (circles, etc.).

I am wondering if it has something to do with the dual nature of the XPS 14 running both intel graphics as well as a mobile card. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome (latest versions) without any difference.
Lastly, Solidworks runs without issue on the XPS 14.

Any suggestions would be great as I want to play more with Onshape to see what is possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Your suspicion might be right about the dual graphics.  I thought I remember a post from a while back on that topic.

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jonpod We have seen a number of issues with DirectX drivers and other things that seem to interfere  with the performance.  You might try patching your video drivers so they are up to date.  If you run into issues, click the ? menu and select feedback.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.