Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Autoscaling planes

kirk_2kirk_2 Member Posts: 34
If I start sketching a new quite small part and zoom in, the display of the frames doesn't zoom in with me.  I did see that I can resize them manually, but it would be "nice" if the edges of the frames were always in view.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Kirk Planes are created at a default size.  Are you asking for the planes to be sized by the view window dynamically?  I could see this being useful when creating a plane offset from an existing face and autosizing it (not yet a feature).  Can you explain more what you are looking for?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • kirk_2kirk_2 Member Posts: 34
    The part I was experimenting with involved extruding a 2mm circle.  When I drew it and applied the dimension within the standard starting empty sketch it is hardly visible, and when I zoom in the labels on the planes obviously zoom out of view.  I would think that OS would know the maximum extent of a part and could size the planes to just cover that amount.  Of course, I will mainly model most quite small parts.

I do know that when creating a plane in SW it's just a bit larger than the projection of the part.

Not a high priority in any case.