Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Metric Screws & Nuts

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
I have a design I'm working on that needs over 100 screws.  I plan on using simple head and body and posibly a hex head to keep it simple.  But, there are a variety of screws.  Mostly M5 and M4s but of various lengths ranging from 10mm to 35mm.

I was thinking I could create one part studio, create one sketch and just replicate it, then adjust the sketch and its extrusion one by one for the appropriate shape.  This could work, but would be a pain.

I recall once seeing a video that used variables and a feature patern to create some variety in it's repeated parts.

So, I'm curious, what do people do when they need many screw varieties for their assemblies.  how do you handle this?

Answers