Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Initial feature requests

js49304js49304 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I am loving Onshape!  Best addition to the CAD world in a long time for sure. 

I would expect that you guys are aware of much of this already, but so far my initial requests for functionality are:
1. Lofting and surfacing tools
2. Organization ability in feature tree
3. Customization ability for user interface (zooming direction, graphics view, units display, etc.)
4. Customization for GUI colors and button appearance (the current colors are hard for me to see)
5. Support for 3D Connexion mouse. 
6. Ability to extrude in 2 directions, with 2 different distances within one extrude feature. 
7. Support for filleting options (keep surfaces vs keep edges etc).

I am very much looking forward to seeing the upcoming drawing features too. 

Comments

• Options
    awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    Can you expand on item 2 - Organization in the feature true? There are many different ways to organize things :-) We'd like to understand as much as possible about the range of opinions and experiences with this.

Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • Options
    elifelif Onshape Employees Posts: 50
    For #6, unless you're doing extrudes with end conditions (like up-to-surface, etc.) you might be able to make do with current Thicken command. Thicken can take sketch regions as input and can be thickened in both directions with different offsets.
    There's certainly improvements logged for the extrude functionality, including the two-direction extrude,  and we will get to them as soon as priorities allow.
    Team Lead, Part Studios
  • Options
    Just encountered this today: 

A customer sent sent me cad files through email for a quote.  I would like the ability (from email on an iPhone) to upload the cad files to onshape so I can view them. 
  • Options
    max_nikitin52721max_nikitin52721 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    please add elliptical arc
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Js49

won't happen, the email is a file.

Now if you both were on onshape, now you're  cookie with gas! A whole new world is beginning to form.

• Options
    ric_fulopric_fulop OS Professional Posts: 2 PRO
    Billy and JS49, several apps like DropBox,  Good Reader or HelloSign enable you to upload documents to a cloud service to view them...I don't see why we can't have the Onshape app associate the extension and offer it as an open file service in the iOS filepicker.  The app would then walk you though the workflow to upload...its a good idea
  • Options
    Ric_Fulop, I agree. If the files are going to end up on Onshape anyways, might as well be able to upload files from email. 
  • Options
    Andrew Kimpton, I would be happy with the ability to add tree items to new folders and also the ability to add certain items to a global "favorites" folder that stays near the top of the tree.  Maybe an option for more global folders that automatically populate with all solids, surfaces, planes, sketches etc.  Most of this is basically solidworks type functionality I'm explaining here. But it's worked well for us in keeping lengthy feature trees organized. 
  • Options
    Thanks @elif, I will try that out.