Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need Example for grenrating Signature API

manokar_munisamymanokar_munisamy Member, Developers Posts: 6
I am developing a plugin in vb.net which is connected to onshape application ,where i need to access some information from your server, so i gone through the API Documentation. since i am new to accessing API there is no examples in your document to get started,first i need an example to access your api to genrating Signature from my plugin developed in vb.net 

Best Answer

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Answer ✓
    @manokar_munisamy We do post all our public examples here for the API but it is still not fully open to the public yet.  https://github.com/onshape-public  Once we launch the API publicly, you will be able to do OAuth and use API keys with your apps.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    @manokar_munisamy We do post all our public examples here for the API but it is still not fully open to the public yet.  https://github.com/onshape-public  Once we launch the API publicly, you will be able to do OAuth and use API keys with your apps.
  • Options
    Hi thanks for the information, i used link https://github.com/onshape-public/app-windows-sample to download and run and it asked for a login, after entering login details the page is redirected and shows HTTP 404 error , but it has been loged in i 
  • Options
    @manokar_munisamy when running apps locally that use OAuth you will need to setup your redirect to go to your machine.
  • Options
    Yaa got that now i got Authcode but after that on requesting tocken it response 401 error unauthorized , where do we get authorized
  • Options
    james_mann066james_mann066 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm stuck on the same issue! I got the Authcode back fine, but then I get a 401 in response to my form post.