Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Section views in drawings

bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
At the moment only horizontal and vertical section views are possible - I often have need of section views on an oblique plane. Any ideas?

Comments

• shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    now there are only horizontal /vertical/jogged section views in Onshape, we could not create a section view with a oblique plane,you can raise an improvement ticket about it .
  • bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
    Thanks, I raised an improvement request. I cannot stress enough how important it is now to get the sophistication of the drawing mode up to scratch :)
  • StefanRStefanR Member Posts: 8 PRO
    I completely agree Bert_fourie
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 I also agree that drawings should be the focus of attention for improvements.
  • istvan_szaboistvan_szabo Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Hi,
    Not really sure where to address this, so I continue this thread:
    Would be very useful to be able to decide the depth of your sectioned view (to show individual sections of a long pipe f.e. without having un-relevant details you want to show on a separate section view anyway).
    Is this possible today?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 PRO
    I agree that there should be more effort put into the drawing mode. 
    I'd like to be able to have a section line that is horizontal then on an angle, producing a single section view. This is useful for round parts that have different features around the circumference.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I agree that there should be more effort put into the drawing mode. 
    I'd like to be able to have a section line that is horizontal then on an angle, producing a single section view. This is useful for round parts that have different features around the circumference.
    I don't think this is possible yet. It feels like it should be possible by using a modifier key when creating the angular section but I couldn't make it work.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977