Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to rotate a part in onshape

I have a car which is oriented faced to the right side (from isometric). But the wheel that needs to be connected is facing forwards. Is there any way to reposition this so I can fit the two together, without having to restart the whole model again?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    varocketryvarocketry Member Posts: 6
    I've created a ring with a bevel.  The bevel may be on the wrong side for printing so I want to rotate the part 180 degrees.
    I can't for the life of me figure out the AXIS requirement.  I try to click planes but that doesn't do it.  I'm lost.
  • Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 276
    I've created a ring with a bevel.  The bevel may be on the wrong side for printing so I want to rotate the part 180 degrees.
    I can't for the life of me figure out the AXIS requirement.  I try to click planes but that doesn't do it.  I'm lost.
    A few thoughts:
    1. It's best to take advantage of parametric CAD and just remodel the bevel on the right side.
    2. Perhaps you can just rotate it in your slicer?
    3. Failing 1 and 2, you can make an axis in a couple of easy ways - either make a sketch with a line to use as the axis, or use an implicit mate connector. Like so: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b20feacf1f8a1423557fbc16/w/05f2f52b4ed4feaea73e0b78/e/60e16f608fd3f60c44893461