Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Work around for Escape Key exits full screen.

Phil_AngileriPhil_Angileri Member Posts: 3 PRO
I am a habitual ESC key pusher so this has been driving me crazy for a while.

If you have a Space Mouse Pro you can Re Map the ESC button to be CTRL ESC instead.  This will keep you in full screen but still cancel commands.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I suppose this is browser specific problem.. I'm using chrome and it doesn't mind me hitting esc in fullscreen, F11 triggers fullscreen on/off.
    //rami
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    3dcad said:
    I suppose this is browser specific problem.. I'm using chrome and it doesn't mind me hitting esc in fullscreen, F11 triggers fullscreen on/off.
    Chrome does not use Apple's API for fullscreen mode, that's why it does not use escape for exit full screen. It causes other issues elsewhere, but I cannot recall what they are. Not with OS as I recall. I still prefer to use Safari over the privacy stealing, resource hog that is Chrome for Mac. ;-)
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I'm running w10..

I suppose we should include more infomation in posts that are meant for certain segment..
    //rami