Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet Metal

Hi Everyone. I am new to Onshape. We are a small startup and am currently evaluating/considering Onshape as our primary CAD solution. Our designers come from a SolidWorks environment and it seems that to transition to Onshape will not be too difficult. In the line of work we do, sheetmetal design makes up about 50% of our workload. 
It seems that sheetmetal features is currently missing from Onshape. From some forums I understand that OS is working tirelessly to implement such features. Can anyone give me an update as to an expected roll-out date for this?
Having sheetmetal features similar or better than SolidWorks is a crucial point in our evaluation process. If it is not present, we cannot even consider Onshape.
I really hope that I have not overlooked or misunderstood something.
Kind Regards

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    justin_hough563justin_hough563 Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Any updated information/progress on a sheet metal tool for OnShape?
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    Lots of progress.  Coming real soon now -- just a little more patience.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Lots of progress.  Coming real soon now -- just a little more patience.
    You know I think I heard @cody_armstrong actually LOL when asked in this week's webinar if customers were expected to write their own sheet metal tools in FS. :)

I have confidence that you guys have great things under development and can't wait t see what you've come up with. B)

Happy coding.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd