Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wrong answers on first and second exercise and I don't know why

DeilorDeilor Member Posts: 2
Hello,

In the first exercise I don't know how constrain the blue lines. I've tried every constrain option but nothing worked.

Also, the volume of the ovject is 0.701 in3 instead of 0.702 so the answer to the exercise is wrong. I don't know if is releated to not being able to constrains those two lines in the sketch.

In the second exercise my answer is wrong too and I don't know why either:

Please, could someone explain me what I did wrong? If there's information lacking to show the potential issues please tell me and I'll try to explain/screenshot my processes.

Thanks!
1.0.png 48.2K
1.2.png 71.5K
2.png 157.7K
2.1.png 350.2K
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    For the first one I just got 0.702 cu.in.  Did you initially have the blue line tangent to the bottom circle then use the sketch fillet tool to make the R0.313 fillet? If so, the line should maintain the tangency. If not, add a tangent constraint. 
  • Options
    DeilorDeilor Member Posts: 2
    Hey Brian,
    I didn't remember exactly if I had the blue line before applying the sketch fillet so I did the fillet again first applying the tangent to the circle and it worked, thanks. I still get 0.701 cu.in though.