Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hidden Part in Drawings

JWPJWP Member Posts: 11 PRO
I have a model that has a spring in it.
To create the spring i made a cylinder for the helix and then hid it
All good until I went to make the drawings.
The hidden cylinder becomes a visible part in the drawing views.
If I suppress it I loose the spring.
Anyone got a workaround? 
Tagged:

Comments

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Right click on the part in the feature/part tree and select Delete... This will add a deleted part feature in the tree but won't affect any of the other features that were created using it.
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    jon_pamment, why not create a cylindrical surface for helix  instead of the cylinder? it will not appear in drawing 
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Brain's solution should work. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @jon_pamment,Please delete the part as method suggested by @brian_brady or use surface feature for creation of cylinder as suggested by @shanshan . Both method will work you.