Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to edit a point (x,y,z) or create a snap grid?

3Dzyner3Dzyner Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I've imported a 3D part and now trying to draw the features manually. (If there's a better way to create features, let me know.)

So as I draw lines, I get coordinates that are ALMOST correct, but need to be tweaked, for instance (7.998, -5.5, -10) needs X to be rounded to 8.000. Is there a way to do this?

Alternatively, is there a way to set up a snap grid, so that points snap to the round numbers I always use? If this could be set, I'd avoid the problem, since the points would snap to sensible values to begin with.

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @3Dzyner, Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape like other CAD tool.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @3Dzyner - sketch entity locations are driven by and constrained by dimensions. If you need a specific coordinate (?) then dimension your line endpoints from the origin.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • rosie_lukaszczykrosie_lukaszczyk Member Posts: 1
      I hope it will help the new players to make better tracks. Btw you can edit the "Hidden standard objects" and add "the fifth key"