Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Visual artifact or actual geometry?

JlabsJlabs Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Community Support
Im learning OnShape by recreating models I've previously made in Lightwave3d. Today I'm tackling a simple 6-sided dice model. It's one of the few models I've tried so far that is basically the same process in both apps: Intersect a sphere and a cube, fillet edges to smooth, make pips, profit. My problem is in onshape I've run into this:

Is this a rendering issue or has this actual geometry? My fillets did not fail and don't overlap, but they do come close to each other on all six sides. All sides are the same. 

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    HI Jlabs,

This looks like a graphical artifact, although it is hard to tell.  If you are willing to post a public link, this will allow us to look closer to make sure.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Jlabs you can also submit a ticket and share with Onshape support if you are not wanting to make the document public... As @jakeramsley said, it is most likely an artifact.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.