Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to save as parasolid lower than version 25?

How can I save part as a parasolid lower than version 25.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Hi Anthony. You can't. Best to use STEP if sending files to an old CAD system. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    anthony_grilloanthony_grillo Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Neil but I need to send files to my Esprit CAM system and it is not licensed to open STEP files. Is there any other way?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Try exporting as SolidWorks that may work. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    paul_chastellpaul_chastell Onshape Employees Posts: 124
    You may also want to try saving out with the default version. Older versions of Parasolid can read newer versions of the Parasolid XT format provided it is not saved at a specific version. If you export from Onshape as 29.0 then it is that version that we write (the one with 'schema data' within it). I have tested reading those files into older versions of Parasolid and it does work. 

It may not work for you, but if it doesn't please open a ticket with support indicating the version of Parasolid you believe the source product is using and some example data. I would be interested in digging into that.
    Paul Chastell
    TVP, Onshape R&D