Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Printing Dimensioned Sketches

God morning.

I have created a series of sketches showing all of the relevant dimensions. Is there any way to print these without having to create a separate drawing and adding the dimensions to the drawing again, thereby duplicating the work involved? The design is for a clock and there are well over twenty components.

Thank you.

James.

Answers

• Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    edited September 2016
    James,

Here is what I have found:

• Orient your model so the sketch you desire is normal to the screen
    • Select Print from the Document Menu
    • Select paper size and orientation
    • Use the view menu to change the display to Hidden Edges Removed or Hidden Edges Visible to remove shading (if desired)
    • Right click on your sketch in the feature list and select Show Dimensions
    • Zoom and pan your model until everything you want printed is within the print limits box
    • Click on the green check to make it so
    I hope this gets you what you want.

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    You can also right click on the sketch as select Show dimensions and then print. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    james_alfordjames_alford Member Posts: 17
    Brian,

Thank you. This looks ideal and looks good in preview. I shall try it tonight on paper.

Regards,

James.