Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

trying to remove the middle of concentric circles with extrude only removes the whole sketch

so i was trying to make a ball bearing assemble. i started my sketch with a circle, then made a second and used the concentric constraint. it aligned the circles as i wanted, gave them dimensions and all. however, when i used extrude to remove the middle section, the whole sketch would remove from the page. tried several ways till something worked, but was disappointed because something i thought should take 30 seconds to do took hours to finally make right. this was a few days ago so now i do not remember what i did to make it work, but it took a long time. i kind of likened it to the old paint program where you use the bucket feature to fill the color in, but if your bit map had a gap, the whole page would change color not the work you did. i seem to remember the circles were blue and not black, but nothing i did would make them black like they were "solid", kind of like a line and circle after a tangent constraint. what am i missing? thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answers

Answers