Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

combining surfaces

_4521_4521 Member Posts: 3
Hello. Does anybody know of a way to combine surfaces? 
the boolian tool doesn't seem to work for me

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @_4521 we don't yet have many tools for Boolean or fixing surface models yet but it is something we will have in the future. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    _4521_4521 Member Posts: 3
     :)Thanks. I will try to see if featurescript can help

• Options
    Pascoe_DesignPascoe_Design Member Posts: 18 PRO
    I would very much like too to see a tool to join surfaces together. I hope it can be released soon! Does anybody know why some polysurfaces surfaces I import from Rhino come in nicely as all joined together, whereas some come in as individual surfaces? I have tried importing as 3dm and STEP and have not found a reason why some work & others do not. I have checked the surfaces are all joined with no holes. Any thoughts? 
  • Options
    deki_djokicdeki_djokic Member Posts: 1
    Seems to me that it is on Rhino side - if you create "Solids" in Rhino, surfaces are healed (no gaps) and imported in OS as one surface (STEP). Polysurfaces are imported as several surfaces.