Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there anyway to label features on a part or assembly

MatthewMatthew OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 26 PRO
In other CAD packages I have used I was able to create a 3D label of a part or feature so that I could easily remember later what that feature was for instance a tapped hole, when you are designing large assemblies and you later need to go back and look at the model it would be nice if you could have a note pointing to a feature telling you what the hole and tap are that you are looking at versus finding that feature in the feature tree and hoping that the person that made it named it relative to what the feature is

Best Answer

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited October 2016
    When you right click on feature (on model area), you will find the first two options: Edit 'Extrude x' and Edit 'Sketch x'
    Those are very handy quick links to edit certain feature or sketch behind it.

And of course you can name any feature as you like so it's easier to locate. I have also seen examples of using empty sketch to create 'topics' into feature list..
    //rami