Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

google fonts in drafting package?

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
I am recreating a blueprint from 1976 and I would like to use a handwriting and a drafting font for different parts of the drawing.
Since Oshape is based on google, shouldn't we be able to access the google font mechanism and have any available google fonts for our drawings?
Or if not, how do I add fonts that I own to the drawing?
With my current CAD systems all the available windows fonts that I have installed from Microsoft and from Adobe just show up. How do I leverage the fonts that I already own and use daily?

Answers

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 520
    @OpenR2 There are already some Google Fonts we are using in Drawings.  Can you list which Google Fonts you are interested in?  Ref @brucebartlett
  • Options
    OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    This is a bit of a one off in that I want to use a handwriting/drafting type font. It looks like there is a new google font called Open Window that would work for me.

Isn't it possible to allow us to choose from all the open source google fonts in their font library? Couldn't be a real time query of their fonts?

From there it would be nice to let us upload fonts into our documents that we've already purchased from a foundry.