Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using end conditions within the loft command

tim_waldemertim_waldemer Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Is there a way to get the surface loft commend to use both end conditions and guide rails at the same time, or am I missing the boat on this one?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @tim_waldemer - great question and a very common one. No you cannot use end conditions AND guide curves. The reason is that they would conflict. You would be asking the loft to satisfy both an end condition (e.g. Curvature continuous) and at the same time follow a guide curve (which wouldn't be curvature continuous). It's not possible to satisfy both. I hope this helps you. 
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @tim_waldemer Are you perchance trying to describe a center-line loft with end conditions? Those are possible (but not currently supported). If that is what you are looking for, please submit an enhancement request :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    tim_waldemertim_waldemer Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    If can be a center line loft (like for a mirror symmetrical loft), or just lofting up to any plane or surface edge really.  I will submit an enhancement request.  Thanks!