Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to perform a batch Remove from Share?

brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
So I am using OS to teach a solid modeling class. It is working great (less some minor glitches) and the students love Onshape. As of this moment, I have upward of 500 documents that have been shared with me and I've graded. Up to this point, I've labeled them by assignment name and either on-time or late when I see them show up in my Shared with Me documents. After grading and adding comments to a document, I have removed the assignment and on-time or late label and added a graded label. At some point, I want to remove myself from all of the Shares of graded documents. Is there, or can there be, a way to batch Remove from Share? I would think you could either shift or control click on document names to select several and right click to bring up a contextual menu. The only item in the menu is Labels. Am I missing some other workflow that would do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @brian_brady Have you tried adding your students to a team and just sharing with the team?  Then you can just remove the team from the share.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Lou,

I am not sure how or if that would work for individual student work where they each share their documents with just me and not the entire class. 

• Options
    fethiofethio Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I am having the exact same problem. It is not possible to unshare a group of selected documents. The shared folder is a mess.
  • Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    Lou,

I am not sure how or if that would work for individual student work where they each share their documents with just me and not the entire class. 

They can still share the documents individually with just you; creating a document whilst in a team does not automatically share it with everyone within the team.