Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

BIM / GDL

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
There are so many pro people following os forum currently that I will ask this here because didn't get any information in Alibre forum.

Does anyone know could it be possible to use OS / SW / GD part data to create BIM models and translated to software like ArchiCad?

I'm not a pro when it comes to BIM / GDL technology but it would make another possibility to users if they can design and offer stuff for acrhitects to use in buildings.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?
//rami
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cyclonewadecyclonewade OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    @3dcad SW can save to IFC file format, Onshape not there yet.  I don't know how this file format would work in ArchiCad however.  Let us know what you find out.
    imagine.create.deliver
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @CycloneWade  Pretty much stuck with nothing on this. GD has plenty of fields in part/assy data to fill information (and I'm sure Ons will expand as needed). But I have no idea how to use/transfer this data to BIM model to use on archicad since I don't have the software nor sufficient acknowledgement on it. I'll need to hunt down some architect to work with.  

//rami