Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

stamping tools including deformation like Autoform?

Hello, can we deal with stamping metal sheet inside onshape. Sounds like the rolls Royce for such work is called autoform plus as well as dynaform.
As Solidworks can't deal with it (the stamp forming doesn't works like a bolean without taking into account the material stretching),

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @besseas_laurent, Currently in Onshape sheetmetal functionality itself is missing. Sheetmetal is an absolute must have feature, huge gains for manufactures can be made from a good sheetmetal package.  In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape sooner. For similar discussion you can visit below link
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/10622#Comment_10622
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I don't think this is something we will see as core functionality within Onshape but I am sure something could be developed using feature script. Another option would be for the likes of Autoform or Dyna-bend to become Technology Partners with addon's that can be purchased from the app store. I see Autoform is partnered with Catia and NX so it would be similar with Onshape. @joe_dunne is the partner liaison. 

http://www.autoform.com/en/products/autoform-processdesigner-for-catia/
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977