Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Restoring Versions and History

jordi_medellinjordi_medellin Member Posts: 19
Hi, I am having trouble restoring a part that was deleted by mistake, however when I put restore, everything including the parts and assemblies that have evolved after the deleting that part all go back in time. How do I restore something but not lose progress of everything else?

Thank you,
Tagged:

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @jordi_medellin, You can restore maximum without lose of everything else by following below work around step.
    Step 1:- Go into manage version and history and restore by mistakenly deleted part
    Step 2:- Copy that part to another document or workspace with the help of copy clipboard option and paste tab option
    Step 3:- Now do restore the history for the position of parts and assemblies that have evolved after the deleting that part
    Step 4:- Now you can take copy tab ( Step 2) from different document / workspace from this document / workspace with the help of copy clipboard and paste tab option.
  • Nickolas_LockardNickolas_Lockard OS Professional Posts: 36 ✭✭
    How can I get back to a good version of my assembly? A friend wanted to see some screenshots showing my device function, but now I can't get back!!! So much work lost. This is going to take hours. I see I can restore to a 'view only' version, but that is not at all helpful. There must be a way.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    You can create a version at that point, then branch out from there, or right click that version and restore to main