Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Parametric Curve Extrude.

ethan_ofondoethan_ofondo Member Posts: 3
Hi, 
I have been using the Parametric Curve Feature Script, but I can't seem to use the curves for anything useful in my model. 
For example, I cannot extrude a plane from the curve, or use multiple curves to define an area to extrude on an existing surface.

Below is a screenshot of what I am trying to do. I have two equation-driven curves that have been defined in the x-y plane, where the z coordinate matches that of the extruded surface that is visible. I am now trying to remove material between the two curves. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Hi Ethan, you'll need to create a new sketch and "use" those curves, then close your sketch in order to extrude/remove the hobbed area. Alternatively, you could just use the spur gear feature ;)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, what @NeilCooke said. Onshape won't extrude from a 3D spline/edge, and curves generated with the featurescript are considered 3D splines, even if they are flat/planar.