Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Gear relation doesn't rotate when i play an revolution mate

bart_laarkampbart_laarkamp Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Community Support
I have two shafts parallel to each other, connected the with an revolution mate to an base-plate that is fixed in space.
i would like to show how these two shafts rotate. I have an gear relation between the two revolution mates.
I hope this all makes sense..

With kind regards Bart (NLD)
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,419
    Are there any keyways or anything on the shafts that make it easier to see if they are rotating? If you post your public doc URL I can take a look.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @bart_laarkamp,If your both shaft rotate independently then I feel this is problem due to your relation ratio in gear relation. Please put those two shaft diameter ratio as a relation ratio. I feel it surely work after applying correct relation ratio. If it not working please post your public doc URL I can take a look.