Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3:1 scale 3D Printable and 1:1 scale Curta Mechanical Calculator Models

marcus_8marcus_8 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Community Support
I have made public my Curta Mechanical Calculator models. I have a 1:1 scale version and a 3:1 scale version for 3D printing. I also have a blog detailing my build progress and have received a lot of positive feedback on Reddit.

I was hoping to see the Model of the Week contest start back up before I made these public, but oh well.

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @marcus_8, +1
    Please contact with Onshape team, they will definitely introduce in near future.
  • Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Nice job...  Sooooo much better than finding a bunch of STLs on a website.  You might consider sharing with edit to a few users like jdunne@onshape.com :)

We can branch and make a few modifications on separate branches
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a really well done model - thanks for making both the CAD and STL files available!  Did the PLA parts shrink much after they cooled?  I'm wondering if the part dimensions are suitable for machining them or if you had to fudge the dimensions to account for shrinkage.
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Great work @marcus_8 ! Your use of Onshape best practices results in a very complex final assembly with great performance. I particularly enjoyed your method for creating the knurled texture.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO