Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

view turned upside down

Hi!

Something weird happened to my assembly. When I inserted a new part, the view changed: when I click Front view, the parts are shown from the back and, when I click Bottom, then the top view is shown. What went wrong and how can I restore it?

This is link of the assembly:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a5b3d55095423fd06332ce56/w/543e2b390832a4dd9362d6d4/e/f7a410bf82f24262f19c5c63

Any ideas welcome!

Tivadar

Best Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @tivadar_kecskes, The view is changed because you may be unknowingly dragged the instances. After insertion of any part in assembly the default positioning is the alignment of the Part Studio origin (of the part or subassembly being inserted) with the Assembly origin (of the assembly being inserted into). I checked in your assembly it working fine. Onshape automatically records the state of each tab (Part Studio, Assemblies, etc) at each persisted change made to all tabs for every workspace by every user. This history of modifications is listed in the flyout. At any time you can click Restore to restore the branch/workspace to a particular point in its change history, click Return to <branch-name> to return to the currently active branch at its current point in history, and click a history point to visualize the design at this point.
    You can now create a Version from any point in history without having to restore that history point first. You can also create intermediate Versions before existing Versions. Comments can also now be added to existing Versions to document your designs better.

Wistia video thumbnail - 151 Versions from History

Answers

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @tivadar_kecskes, The view is changed because you may be unknowingly dragged the instances. After insertion of any part in assembly the default positioning is the alignment of the Part Studio origin (of the part or subassembly being inserted) with the Assembly origin (of the assembly being inserted into). I checked in your assembly it working fine. Onshape automatically records the state of each tab (Part Studio, Assemblies, etc) at each persisted change made to all tabs for every workspace by every user. This history of modifications is listed in the flyout. At any time you can click Restore to restore the branch/workspace to a particular point in its change history, click Return to <branch-name> to return to the currently active branch at its current point in history, and click a history point to visualize the design at this point.
    You can now create a Version from any point in history without having to restore that history point first. You can also create intermediate Versions before existing Versions. Comments can also now be added to existing Versions to document your designs better.

Wistia video thumbnail - 151 Versions from History